Statement of Commitment
Candidates must commit to attending and fully participating in all of Leadership Loudoun’s Leadership Development Program sessions. Participants must attend the two-day opening retreat in its entirety, which may include an overnight stay. Following the two-day retreat, Program sessions will be held once a month from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The annual Legislative Trip to Richmond, VA, held in February, see dates below, is also required. Additional time will be determined by individual teams.
We have a strict attendance policy. Participants must attend the entire day of every monthly session. Any participant who misses more than one full day or two half days will not be permitted to graduate from the Leadership Development Program. In such cases, tuition will not be refunded.
Calendar of Mandatory Dates for the Class of 2018
- Opening Retreat – Thur and Fri, Sept 21 & 22
- October Program Day (Loudoun County) – Thur, Oct 19
- November Program Day (Economic Development) – Thur, Nov 16
- December Program Day (Leadership Development) – Thur, Dec 14
NOTE: Not the 3rd Thur.
- January Class Day – Thur, Jan 18
- February Program Day (VA General Assembly, Richmond) –
6:30a.m. until 6:30p.m. on either Thur, Feb 8 or Thur, Feb 15 (One date will be selected.)
- March Class Day – Thur, Mar 15
- April Class Day – Thur, Apr 19
- May Class Day – Thur, May 17
- Graduation – Fri, May 18
NOTE: Graduation is an evening event.
Application Fee: $100.00
Program Fee: $2,500.00
A limited amount of funds are available to assist with tuition costs and are offered on a needs basis.
What Do I Need To Submit?
- Completed Application Form
Two ways to complete the form:
1) Complete the web-based Application Form on your computer and submit it.
2) Print this version of the Application Form on your printer, complete the form in ink (you can also download a copy of this version of the form), and email a scanned copy, along with other requirements (see below), to email@example.com.
(Submitting the form indicates your agreement to the Statement of Commitment)
- $100 application fee (Please click on the Pay Now button below.)
- Statement of Recommendation (This statement can be either in the body of an email or as an email attachment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- If you are seeking tuition assistance, please submit the Tuition Assistance Form.
Two ways to complete the form:
1) Complete the web-based Tuition Assistance Form on your computer and submit it.
2) Print this version of the Tuition Assistance Form on your printer, complete the form in ink (you can also download a copy of this version of the form), and email a scanned copy, along with other requirements (see below), to email@example.com.
What are the Submittal Due Dates?
- Priority Consideration
- Friday, May 12, 2017: Complete Application Package Due
- Friday, May 19, 2017: Acceptance Notification
- Final Consideration for Class of 2018
- Friday, July 14, 2017: Complete Application Package Due
- Friday, August 4, 2017: Acceptance Notification
- Friday, August 4, 2017: Tuition Assistance Notification
- Payment of Program Tuition
- Friday, September 1, 2017: Tuition Due in Full